Thursday, January 5, 2012

All coming together!

WOWZER!!! This is exciting!! Watching as my dream unfolds before my eyes! But if it was a dream I probably wouldn't be tired!
So in my mind I thought we could do this over the weekend! Take down a few walls , put new floor over the old and paint pretty sparkels on the walls and install the equipment, how much work can it be right? And I would just show up and have fun after the weekend and do my 'job'!!!
Matt my fabuolus husband was so funny last night! He said to my oldest Angel, " your mom really beleives this in her head! How does she come up with this? Did she not really think it would be ALOT of work?!" A few more funny comments and we are rolling in laughter untill my side hurts! vYES!!!I say proudly! I really didn't think there would be all this 'other' stuff to do!

The 'other stuff' would include scrapping the floors so the new floor will stick, on my hands and knees, but oh so fasionable in my high heels and sparkly jewlery! ( thats what happens when you pop in after work to see the progress and Jeff hands you a scrapper and says get busy)HaHa
And now a sledgehammer has busted the floors up in the back to plumb the new oversized, super comfy shampoo chairs! wasn't expecting that!
Or how about the 6 hours and 7 people to pull up the lobby carpet that had been glued down to cement! but I only broke 1 nail, so its still FABULOUS!!
Finally making progress onpainting and afterwards realize the walls were so oild the new paint bubbled all over, so back to square one and thank you Mom for knowing how to mud and sand the walls!!
But through all of this, I have to be honest, it hasn't been frustrating, and it's been kinda fun. I can't wait to walk in after it's all set up and take a deep breath and think wow, thank you God, you are amazing.
So the adventure continues and today I think I get to use the giant floor stripping machine.Stop in and say Hi! 2416 London road, if I seem a littel goofy, well thats' just me or maybe its all the chemicals I'll be inhailing while stripping the floor!!
Thank you for reading and being a part of this journey with me and all of us at Altered Ego, I would love it if you shared my facebook page or my blog on your wall!! Have a FANTASTIC day!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I want to see photos of you using the floor stripping machine! ha ha! I shared this post on my wall!!!

    ReplyDelete