Friday, March 16, 2012

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!! This is a tear jerking story, except it's not a story it's someones life they are living right now and I desperatley need all of your help and the help of your friends and family please! It's not about me, but it has shook me to the very core, my heart is broken  over this, myself and my family have prayed many nights at bedtime and around the diner table for this woman that we have never met.

I have come in contact over the last month with many people at work with clients and friends,at church, in my family that are carring heavy burdeons and deep deep wounds, some that will leave scars forever not only in there life but on my own heart as well, I have never in my life had so many stories in arms reach invade my life like this past month, and I have never prayed as much either.

Her name is loni, Iv'e never met her. I think she is 32 years old. She has 2 beautiful boys, I saw a picture of them, they are 1 and 3. They lived in Madison untill November when through a tragecic set of events her husband died, leaving her alone with her children. She works for the State DOT, and transferred to Eau Claire early this year in my husband Matts old building.
He went to his old office for a meeting and his friend told him of this woman Loni and what happened to her, the next part of the story is she was only working there for 3 weeks when out for a walk she couldn't breathe, an ambulance was called, after test were run, she was transfered to mayo i think. She was diagnosed with something very rare, a heart tumor/cancer that is a sarcoma.
She needs to have a miracle.
Not just a littel miracle but a giant one, like when Moses in the old Testament was leading people out of slavery and they ended up at the Red Sea and God told him to raise his hands over the Sea and the waters parted and they were all led to safety. Then when the bad guys were crossing the
Sea,God had the Sea go back and they all drowned.
So in the meantime of praying for this huge Red Sea miracle, I was thinking of her and what she must feel like, what are her thoughts, what would she want to do and not want to do.
What if it was me? What do I like? what do I cherish?
I truly cherish building memories, taking photos, laughing, my family, helping others by being kind, generosity. I don't like paying for gas, or buying toilet paper and I hate paying bills! Who dosen't? Then I thought if I had to drive to get chemo I would be even more upset to buy the gas to go to an appoinmtent that I didn't want, that wasn't fair.
I want to give her all those things,but I need your help, I can't heal her heart, only God and the Doctors can do that. But we can bring her joy with her family.
I want to make a gift card basket with gift cards to the gas station, the grocery store,movie theater ticketts, the childrens theater, the state theater,local restraunts,department stores, kohls so she can buy a pretty new shirt and not feel guilty with the heaping medical bills piling on her and her family, starbucks, the portrait studio for easter pictures for the boys, im donating many of these items, I plan also on going to some stores and asking for gift card donations, and an putting in a weekly pedicure with me at my salon.
If you have any gift cards you are willing to donate or have a friend or family that does , if you own your own your own buisness or want to buy one, please please contact me or bring it to my salon. I want to have them all by end of March to give them to her in an Easter baskett.
I happen to know her Aunt karen and her neice Allison and as we were talking at the salon she told me about her neice, I shared with her that we had been praying for this woman, how weird, what a small world, I had no idea.
Alot of littel voices can make a mighty roar, a littel bit of kindness is a blessing, and when we all pull together that littel bit of kindness just keeps multiplying!
Help me help her make some beautiful memories in the midst of this aweful tragedy.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I am so blessed to celebrate 37 years of healthy living,cancer free, free of sickness and disease. I never worry when I go to bed at night if I will see tomorows sunrise or watch my kids grow up,this reminds me of how precious and how extremely fragile life really is and today and tomorrow I will embrace this life and not let the worries of this world come upon me because "this is the day the lord has made and i will rejoice and be glad in it" psalm 118


here is the link to her caring bridge page http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/lonisisko



Also contact me, Destiny at Altered Ego 2416 London Rd Eau Claire wi 54701   715-832-4040
Thank you so much everyone!!!!! I can't wait to suprise her at Easter!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. So would you like a quilt for this? I am finishing up one that I think would be lovely?

    ReplyDelete