Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Beautiful Day

Good morning!! What a BEAUTIFUL day!!
The air is crisp and slightly chilly as I wheel the garbage can and recylcling out from the garage this morning, my eyes are still heavy and I'm in my bathrobe trying to hurry before anyone sees me at the end of the driveway in all my glory!  PERFECT! Not a soul around, so back up the driveway for round two, dragging down a massive pile of broken down boxes, it's  like clock work, every garage door on the street opens and all the neigbors are driving by, waving of course! Being polite I wave back and my robe falls open to expose my mismatched, not what I want my neigbors to see me in pajamas and tennis shoes! My hair I'm told by husband looks like David Bowe in the morning! hopefully they don't know Im a hairstylist yet is what pops into my mind!
Ever have those crazy mornings? It makes the rest of the day so much more beautiful for sure!
Today is just that BEAUTIFUL! Even in the midst of all  the WONDERFUL things happening around me and all the BLESSINGS falling into my life there seems to be circumstances out of my control. Choices I didn't make but affect me.

My life seems to be like the pile of cardboard before me.. Some of the edges are rough and tattered. Some of the boxes are neaty folded down and some are stomped on to  make fit into the bin.Each box has a story, held something, something big or small and triveal, but non the less it had a purpose. I think of all the things in my life. The good , the sad, the unknowing, the hurt, the healing. My life has been tattered. im looking pretty rough right now! Iv'e folded parts of my life into neat littel boxes and i've been stopmed on to fit in a place where I shouldn't of been. I'm drawn to the cereal box, it's flat,colorful and can be put back together. Ive been put back together countless times! I have a purpose. Even with the frayed edges I still have a purpose.

I can choose to stand strong and BREATHE in those beautiful MOMENTS or I can choose to walk down a path of fear and saddness, and lose sight of the BEAUTY before me.
I choose to EMBRACE the BEAUTY of today! I choose to LIVE in LOVE!! I chose to remain FAITHFUL, I know that God gives and He takes away, for reasons I can not explain. Does this make it easy? No. Does it make sense? No.But there is HOPE! Without hope where would we be?
How is your day? Are you walking a difficult road? Are you embracing the beauty of the journey?
It's going to be ok. Breathe. Regain your focus and and take a step.  sometimes one step is enough, we don't have to run.
 You have a purpose. It dosen't matter if your life has been a littel tattered or is rough or if it's been stomped on and flatened out. You still have a purpose.
That's enough for me sometimes, just the first step.And remebering I do have purpose, even in the midst of lifes challenges.
Now my next step is for the coffee pot and off to the shower, I'd like to spare you the David Bowe hairstyle when you stop in to the salon!
Enjoy this beautiful day and take delight in the purpose of your life!
Blessings! Destiny

2 comments: